hopeless at writing sentences that flow into each other lazy i shall bullet point some of my highlights:
- The utter hilariousness of Tim, the lead singer from LSF. The guy is just born to entertain. The wisecracks in between songs, outrageous stage antics, the sea captain’s outfit, the words ‘Drop Bear’ scrawled in large letters over his back, the stripping… Completely off the wall, totally charming and wickedly funny.
- The singer from Pretty Girls Make Graves was sick, but rather than just cancel their set the band performed and let people from the audience sing their songs. Just like karaoke there was a sheet posted on a wall that listed their setlist, you just needed to write your name down next to a song and you could sing it. How wicked is that?! Everyone who sung performed admirably with the highlight probably being the one sung by the singer from Further.
- Pizza! The boat made a pitstop to pick up about 50 pizzas. They were gobbled up pretty quick.
- Sydney! What a freakin beautiful town we live in. There’s no better way to appreciate Sydney than by a boat on the harbour. Watching the sun go down, cruising the harbour, having a few drinks with mates old and new. It don’t get much better.
- Fireworks! Perfectly timed to coincide with the Les Savy Fav set was a fireworks display on the harbour courtesy of Australian Idol.
- To end the Les Savy Fav set, Tim got everyone laying on the floor and slowly soothed us all into a sweet and calming end to their raucus performance.
- Idol! Arriving back to port just in time to amble over to the Opera House and catch the Australian Idol verdict.
It was a wonderful way to spend an evening, and i hardly even mentioned the great music. Credit must go to the folks at PopFrenzy for organising the whole shebang.